Thursday, April 10, 2008

I survived my first driving lesson on the 'wrong' side of the road...

Not a through road sign...or is that driving on the 'right' side?

Well as we're not in Britain anymore and we are on American soil, it is indeed the right-hand side of the road.

Guess what? Surprisingly it wasn't the most painful two hours of my life. In fact, without having to think about changing gears I actually enjoyed it.

Having said that, we did drive on some of the quietest residential streets in L.A. I hardly saw a squirrel, let alone a pedestrian or another car. Well it wasn't that quiet, but it helped not being thrown straight into the deep end of a busy rush hour.

Don't ask me what type of car it was, all I know is that it was black (I'll try and find out next time).

I think I did OK. I didn't crash once or run a red light or kill anyone, which is always a bonus.
Painted STOP sign on road
I also had to concentrate with my driving instructor talking constantly for the whole two hours. I know she was helping with the rules of the road and I know I need to be able to multi-task when I'm driving, but I was exhausted when we were finished.

Anyway, I'm alive (and more importantly so is everyone else) and my next lesson is booked in for Saturday morning.

Bring it on.....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails