All is right with the world and the sun is shining once more in West Hollywood after a dreary Memorial Day weekend.
After being a social butterfly at the weekend (although flagging by Monday), the last few days have been quieter and maybe a time for reflection.So what exactly have I achieved since I've been here in L.A.?
- Moving here from London was a pretty major step for us, not just moving countries but continents too!
- I set up this fantastic blog, which is keeping my mind stimulated and teaching me all kinds of things about the fascinating world of the web - now with over 2,000 visitors to date
- I passed my Californian written driving exam with an impressive 100% score
- I've learned to drive on the right hand side of the road and passed my Californian driving test with flying colours (although I've not been behind the wheel since!)
- We've found a perfect place to live in trendy WEHO and we've nearly furnished it (with the help of what seems like Crate & Barrel's entire inventory)
- We've eaten at pretty much the full spectrum of L.A.'s restaurants and eateries, from Mexican to Argentinian food, to classic American cuisine!
So what's next I here you ask?
Well on my 'To Do' list (which is considerably shorter than it ever was when I was working):
- Buy a new car for me
- Drive it on my own
- Explore more of L.A.
- Buy a puppy
- Have more fun!
- Buy a sofa-bed so that friends and family can come to stay
- Get a nice L.A. tan (preferably not orange)
- Stop eating everything they put on the plate (even though L.A. portions are smaller than the rest of America, they can still be super-sized by UK standards and I'm not sure my waistline is benefiting from it at all)
- Get a nice gym-buff body (overnight in my sleep would be the best, thank you very much!!)
- Spot more celebs - real ones and not just the D-list!
- Have even more fun!
- Spend some time in wine country (drinking, that is)
- Drive more traffic to my blog and decide what the hell it's about
- Find something to occupy my time for the next few years...
Keep watching this space to see if any of my 'Things to do' get checked off the list...