Friday, September 5, 2008

Six months later...

As yesterday was the six month anniversary of moving to L.A. I thought it would be a good time to take stock of what I've actually been doing with my time all these months.
19 weeks old puppy Cooper on the sofa
We arrived in L.A. on 4th March 2008 and since then my life has been filled with movies, eating out, going to the gym, decorating, learning to drive, celebrity spotting and raising a young Labrador puppy.  How lucky am I?
Moving boxes
Moving to L.A. was a fairly momentous event for us.  We're usually quite cautious individuals, so this was a big decision for us. I gave up my job, which even though it was hectic and stressful at times I really enjoyed, we moved away from all our friends and family and I had to learn to drive to get around over here, after relying on UK public transport for the last 33 years.
Arclight Hollywood cinema
Since I've been here I've occupied my time by watching fifteen movies at cinemas in Burbank, The Grove and Arclight Hollywood.  The highlights have definitely been Iron Man, The Dark Knight, Wanted and Mamma Mia.
Iron Man suit worn by Robert Downey Jr in the movie
I've dined at 35 different restaurants, cafes and bars, multiple times.  I think I forgot to mention that I popped to the Kings Road Cafe on Beverly the other night before the Hollywood Improv.  My Ahi Tuna Salad was delicious and a nice portion size and at 6.45pm the place was quiet enough for us to get served quickly and head off to the comedy night (although we've seen how busy it gets at weekends, as it's very popular for breakfast).
Cafe D'etoile sidewalk dining
Having passed my California driving test I've driven over 700 miles to date, although I've only been on the Freeway once so far, so that's a challenge for the next six months.
L.A. freeway
I've been to the Hollywood Bowl three times this summer enjoying a mixture of classical, musical theatre and pop music, plus some fireworks too!
Fireworks at the Hollywood Bowl
To date I've only been to three beaches - Paradise Cove, Sycamore Cove and Santa Monica Beach. I'm hoping we'll spend more time at the beach in the future.
Jason in Hollywood at the beach
We have also experienced our first L.A. Gay Pride Parade, so roll on Halloween for even more colourful costumes and fabulousness.  
Rainbow flags at the L.A. Gay Pride Parade
In addition to exploring L.A. I've also been fortunate enough to go to Disney World in Florida and have a New York City break and do some long overdue sight-seeing there.
Disney Castle at Walt Disney World Florida
I've been lucky enough to spot around 15 different celebrities including Kevin Bacon (Footloose), Teri Hatcher (Desperate Housewives), Naveen Andrews (LOST), Adrian Grenier and Jeremy Piven (Entourage), plus lots more D and Z-list reality TV 'stars'.
Cooper asleep on the bench
I think you'll agree that maybe the most dramatic change in our lives has been our adorable yellow Labrador pup, Cooper.  He's my constant companion and in hindsight, 'Shadow', would have been a fabulous name for him too.  
Playful cooper and his toy bone - Bite me!
He can be tiring, frustrating and naughty at times, but his lovable, cute and adorable nature has been a wonderful addition to our lives. I can't imagine life without him.
Puppy cooper in his crate
Anyway his teeth are continuing to fall out and I think he's also finally starting to understand the whole toilet training outside - hoorah!

Now what adventures do you think the next six months will hold for us...

5 comments:

The Hunky Gardener said...

Sounds like it has been an exciting six months. I wish you both continued success amidst the glam and glitz of your hollywood life.

Do you take celebrity stalking requests? Could you hide outside Daniel Craig's place and snap a few photos?

Jason in Hollywood said...

I will gladly stalk Daniel Craig for you - just give me his address and I'll see what I can do.

Maybe he likes cute puppies ;-)

The Hunky Gardener said...

Hey guy. There is a blurb about you on my new blog post.

Jason in Hollywood said...

thanks for the publicity!

The Hunky Gardener said...

Notice you are #1 on the list? It's because of dear Cooper.....and your British charm of course!

Related Posts with Thumbnails