Sunday, February 22, 2009

Stop-motion models from the movie Coraline on display...

Just a short entry today as I'm slightly preoccupied with the fact that the Oscars are on TV later this afternoon. In keeping with the entertainment theme thought I thought I'd share some photos from the ArcLight Hollywood of the stop-motion models from the new animated movie Coraline.
Coraline stop-motion models from the movie
I've not watched the fantasy horror movie yet, but it's based on a story by Neil Gaiman and brought to the screen by Henry Selick, the Director of The Nightmare before Christmas (which I saw again the other day on Blu-ray disc and it was even better than I remembered).
Coraline film poster
These puppets of the titular character herself were displayed in cases in the cinema foyer (they always have the best movie costumes and props at the ArcLight Hollywood).
Stop-motion models from the film Coraline
So I hope you enjoy these glimpses behind-the-scenes of this new animated movie, I'm getting ready to settle down and watch the 81st Annual Academy Awards for the very first time in the same time-zone (rather than having to stay up and watch them through the night in the UK).

There are worse ways to spend a Sunday than a few hours with Hugh Jackman and a horde of A-List Hollywood stars...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails