Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Where are all the angels in this City of Angels...?

I'm not talking about well-behaved people or any mythological flying creatures, but rather angel imagery around L.A., as I always thought it would make a great blog entry, or an equally fabulous photographic series to shoot as many angels in their various forms around this affectionately titled, City of Angels.
Angel sculptures at The Grove
So far on my travels though I've only come across this statue of angel sculptures at The Grove, so just where are all the angels hiding in L.A.?
Where are all the Angels in Los Angeles?
The only other thing I've seen around town are the temporary movie billboards advertising the Da Vinci Code sequel, Angels & Demons, starring Tom Hanks and out in May.
Angels & Demons movie billboard
Can anyone help me out here? Come on you Los Angelinos, drop me a line and let me know where there are some interesting angels to capture on camera. 
The Grove Angel statue
If all else fails, maybe I'll have to invest in some angel wings for Cooper's Halloween costume this year...

3 comments:

J said...

Here are (or perhaps were) some angels: http://www.publicartinla.com/Community_of_Angels/

However, I don't think they are in their original locations any more. I know that, 'cos the one called 'An angel by any other name' is in the grounds of the building I work in.

Jason in Hollywood said...

Thanks for that link, it looks and sounds a lot like the charity-based art event CowParade, where cow sculptures are decorated differently in cities all around the world:

http://www.cowparade.com/aboutus.php

http://www.cowparade.com/WorldwideGallery.php

I may have to track down some of those other 'Angels' though to see if they are still there! :-)

Barry said...

There's still an angel on PCH in Malibu. I drove past it on Monday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails