Sunday, May 24, 2009

The eye-catching horse sculpture on Santa Monica Blvd in West Hollywood...

Outside the building beside one of our local eateries, the O-Bar Restaurant, in West Hollywood you'll find an intriguing metal horse sculpture.
Metal horse head sculpture
It's quite eye-catching as you drive past along Santa Monica Boulevard and a bit of a local landmark and for the last twelve months I've been meaning to showcase it on Jason in Hollywood, so here it is in all its glory.
Metal Horse sculpture West Hollywood
Metal Horse sculpture on Santa Monica Blvd
Metal Horse sculpture on Santa Monica Blvd WEHO
It looks great in the California sunshine and the sculpture reminds me of Elisabeth Frink's bronze 'Horse' sculpture at the Fran and Ray Stark Sculpture Garden at The Getty Center.
Elisabeth Frink bronze Horse sculpture at The Getty Center
I'm not a huge fan of horses myself. I find their sinewy musculature a bit intimidating and they always look like they could do real damage if they turned on you (maybe I've just watched too many horror movies). 
Elisabeth Frink bronze Horse sculpture at The Getty
Like I said just a personal observation, I'll stick to dogs I think.
Elisabeth Frink bronze Horse sculpture
Anyway enjoy the pictures, we're venturing beyond our West Hollywood neighbourhood today and using the long weekend to explore more of Southern California.

Come back soon to see what sights we discover...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails