Friday, May 8, 2009

Movie costumes and props from new Star Trek movie...

As J.J. Abrams' new Star Trek movie opens pretty much everywhere today, I thought you'd appreciate this fantastic selection of costumes and props from the new film that are on display at ArcLight Hollywood in L.A.
Star Trek movie costumes and props on display at ArcLight Hollywood
Plus, in case you've missed them you can also check out artist re-interpretations of the USS Enterprise, which are actually based on replicas of the digital starship model used in the new Star Trek movie.

Actual costumes from the new Star Trek movie
Actual Star Trek movie costumes
These wonderful costumes are those actually worn in the new movie. 
Star Trek movie costume blue uniform
I'm not sure if this is actually the costume worn by Zachary Quinto as Spock, but it is the blue uniform worn by Starfleet's science and medical personnel.
Close up of new Star Trek blue uniform costume
I love the modern interpretation of the classic Starfleet uniform design, it pays homage to the original look but also feels fresh, exciting and new.
New Star Trek movie costumes
Here are some of the other futuristic costumes from the new movie. This female costume looks distinctly Vulcan in design.
Star Trek movie costumes
Whilst is this costume below for the movie's villain Nero played by Eric Bana? I'm sure I'll get my answers when I see the movie tonight.
Costumes from new Star Trek movieStar Trek movie costume

Original props from the new Star Trek movie
Star Trek movie props
There were also various weapons, communicators and more props from the new Star Trek movie on display in the cinema's foyer.
Original Star Trek movie props
Props from new Star Trek movie
More details to follow on everything featured above once I've seen the rebooted version of Star Trek which is already getting rave reviews.
Star Trek movie poster
How excited am I...

2 comments:

Michael Rivers said...

Thanks for sharing more costumes! I love stuff like this. I always go to exhibits when they make their way to Minneapolis. I'm very excited for the new movie. I'll be there tonight!

Malc said...

Actually when we talk about Star Trek, one thing I would say.... I really like Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto... they look cute, they invade on the Golden Awards Night and Zachary no question on him on his appearance in HEROES... awesome shirtless dude..

Related Posts with Thumbnails