Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Transforming L.A.'s skyline...

As Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen opens on the 24th June, it's time for 'robots in disguise' to transform L.A.'s city skyline to generate some pre-opening hype for the new movie sequel.
Optimus Prime Transformers 2 movie billboard
Just like the billboard campaign for the Watchmen movie and Terminator Salvation before it, you can find extra large billboards dominating the sides of buildings along Santa Monica and Wilshire Boulevards, plus more standard billboard sites on Sunset Blvd, Melrose Avenue, La Cienega and quite frankly all around L.A.
Optimus Prime Transformers Revenge of the Fallen movie building billboard
I was less than enamoured with the first live-action cinematic outing for the 80's animated toy franchise, so I'm hoping the sequel will exceed my expectations which are fairly low.
Transformers 2 extra large movie billboard
My biggest complaint, aside from the weak story of the first movie, was that Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, along the rest of the Autobots and Decepticons, transform too quickly for my liking and they are too complicated to look at.
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen film billboard
The special effects are good, but I actually preferred the design and computer effects for the dancing robot car from the Citroen C4 advert that preceded the film, along with the ice skating transforming car too.
Bumblebee Transformers 2 movie billboard
I have to say, I am encouraged by the trailers for Transformers 2 and you can't beat a few Egyptian pyramids for a great alien-looking location, so let's keep our fingers crossed.
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen movie billboard
Speaking of trailers, don't even get me started on the GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra movie trailer.

I think it's best I go now...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails