Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The hunt for angels in L.A. gets harder...

With a name like the City of Angels you'd think it would be easy to find the winged creatures around Los Angeles, but it's proving to be more difficult than I thought.
Church of the Blessed Sacrament masonry Angel
After uncovering a heavenly host from the Community of Angels project over the past fews months, my most recent sightings have been few and far between.
Church of the Blessed Sacrament window Angel
You'd think they'd be an obvious haven for angels, but I'm finding places of worship don't necessarily have angel imagery associated with them, although I did spot this masonry angel nestled under the stained glass window of the Church of the Blessed Sacrament on Sunset Blvd
Grand Lux Cafe Angel
Plus I did previously take a picture of the etched-glass windows of the Cathedral of our Lady of Angels in Downtown L.A.
Grand Lux Cafe Angels
In my desperation I even returned to the location of an earlier sighting to discover I'd missed some angelic adornments that had been right before my eyes all along on the front of the Grand Lux Cafe at The Beverly Center (rather than just besides the doorway entrance).
Grand Lux Cafe Angel at the Beverly Center
And finally a new sighting at another eatery, this time a cherubic image on the sign for the Italian Vivoli Cafe on Laurel Avenue, just off Sunset Blvd.
Vivoli Cafe sign cherub
So as you can see it's slim pickings for angels at the moment, but my quest will continue...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails