Thursday, July 16, 2009

Weird and wonderful new billboards around L.A. in July...

It always amazes me how popular my billboard blog entries are, but I shouldn't be surprised I suppose, as I love the creative executions that fill L.A.'s skyline too. 

Enjoy this latest batch of fashion, sports and movie billboard offerings around L.A. in July.

Fashion billboards
Sexy Calvin Klein Jeans Eva Mendes and Jamie Dornan billboard
First up is a super sexy new ad for Calvin Klein Jeans along Sunset Blvdstarring 2 Fast 2 Furious actress Eva Mendes and super-hot Jamie Dornan, oiled up and baring pretty much all (and modeling those jeans ever so well of course).

Movie billboards
Funny People movie billboard
After my recent trip to the cinema to see The Hangover, I'm in no rush to see another full-on comedy film, but this new billboard for Adam Sandler's Funny People holds a special place in my heart as I saw them filming scenes from the movie at Runyon Canyon whilst walking Cooper.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie billboard
The sixth Harry Potter movie opened yesterday and I'm sure it will be 'darker' than the last one, but be sure to check out these original movie costumes from the Half-Blood Prince.
G Force movie billboard
If you're looking for some harmless fun whilst the kids are off school there's G-Force on the horizon, or for doubtless even more mindless shenanigans there's the new G.I. Joe - The Rise of Cobra movie to entertain (hopefully). 
GI Joe movie bilboard
Even if the trailer leaves me slightly filled with dread, at least the movie billboard is pretty awesome looking.
Julie and Julia movie billboard
Another more whimsical trailer which left me looking forward to the movie, was the new Meryl Streep and Amy Adams 'Julie & Julia' cinematic offering. 

Based on the story of two best-selling memoirs, Julia Child's (Streep) set in the 1940's and 1950's and Julie Powell's (Adams) modern day exploits when she attempts to cook a recipe a day from the 524 recipes in Child's 'Mastering the Art of French Cooking' book.  

Sports billboards
Yoda Dodgertown billboard
Finally for today is a bit of a mash-up of classic sci-fi and sports, with Jedi Master Yoda showing his support for L.A. Dodgers baseball team (and that really is all I know about sport). 

It's just one of many billboards for the team boasting an array of unusual celebrity figures like reality TV star Kim Kardashian, talk show host Larry King and American figure skater Tara Lipinski.

I'm sure once the new Autumn TV season kicks in the streets will be flooded with a plethora of new creatives, but enjoy these for now...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails