Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Melrose Place TV launch party is the place to be seen...

You know what my life has been like since I moved to West Hollywood, one celebrity bash or A-List party after another. Well, maybe in my dreams anyway. So yesterday I actually made it to one of them, well to the set-up of the party anyway.
Melrose Place TV show billboard
Just around the corner from where I live is the legendary 'Melrose Place'. To celebrate the new incarnation of CW TV series of the same name, airing in the U.S. on the 8th September, they were holding a launch party there last night.
Melrose Place TV launch party look
During the daytime they were setting up for the party and I managed to get some sneaky photos of the venue and actually on the 'blue carpet' for the event.
Melrose Place TV launch party blue carpet
My celebrity lifestyle got off to a great start in March 2008 with a fantastic celebrity sighting on my first weekend in L.A., when I had lunch at the same restaurant as Desperate Housewives Teri Hatcher in Studio City.Melrose Place TV launch party billboards
Since then my 'Hollywoodland' highlights have included snapping the cast of Entourage having their photographs taken for the season five publicity posters on Santa Monica Boulevard and spotting numerous celebrities exercising at Runyon Canyon like the X-Men's Famke Janssen, Tropic Thunder's Ben Stiller, E.R.'s Eriq la Salle, Kyle XY's Matt Dallas, Dancing with the Stars finalist Gilles Marini, Heroes Robert Forster, Desperate Housewives Shawn Pyfrom, Queer as Folks' Scott Lowell and even the UK's own Matt Lucas (of Little Britain fame).
Melrose Place TV show launch party venue
I've also seen Brothers & Sisters star Balthazar Getty walking there and even snapped him having a sneaky cinema date at ArcLight Hollywood with Sienna Miller (current star of G.I. Joe as The Baroness).
Melrose Place TV launch party set-up
Out shopping I've bumped into Transformers star Shia LaBeouf at Bed, Bath & Beyond, spied a whole host of reality TV star Z-listers in my local WEHO neighbourhood at bars, restaurants, cabaret performances and even the car wash, plus mingled with Hollywood's glittering A-List like Halle Berry and Angela Bassett at the Aretha Franklin Concert at The Hollywood Bowl.
Melrose Place TV billboard
Speaking of the 'Bowl' I've watched Justin Timberlake's girlfriend Jessica Biel and Quantum Leap star Scott Bakula, alongside Beau Bridges and an all-star cast perform the Guys and Dolls musical.

Out to dinner I've been a table away from Lost's Naveen Andrews (Sayid), seen them filming scenes from Adam Sandler's new film Funny People at Runyon Canyon and even listened to E.R.'s John Stamos narrate The First Christmas Story at Disneyworld's Candlelight Ceremony.

Yes it's been a celebrity laden couple of months.
Jason at the Melrose Place TV launch party
I'm sure many canapes were scoffed and copious amounts of bubbly quaffed at last night's event (I myself was out for dinner with a cosmo in hand at Basix)

You know sometimes it's not what you know, or even who you know, it's all about being in the right place, at the right time (Melrose Place, that is).

Just one little step closer to my own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails