Friday, October 2, 2009

Costume inspiration for Halloween...

Need inspiration for Halloween? Well I have the perfect solution for you.

Silk Spectre II and Nite Owl II Watchmen movie costumes
I experienced my first Halloween in West Hollywood last year and I love the way everyone over here seems to embrace the seasonal event.

West Hollywood Halloween Costume Carnival 2008
West Hollywood Halloween costumes 2008
Living in Britain as a child, my earliest recollections of Halloween in America came from the movie E.T. where everyone, adult and children, were dressed up in costumes and wandering the streets.

Spider-man Jason and Halloween Cooper
Spider-man Jason and Halloween Cooper
And the most fun part is that everyone is so imaginative and they don't just dress up as the classic witches, monsters and ghouls.

Spider-man and his amazing friends on the streets
in West Hollywood Halloween 2008
WEHO Halloween superhero costumes 2008
There are superheroes, aliens, zombies, cops, gladiators, men dressed as women, women dressed as men, nuns, doctors, nurses, pirates and even more delights on display.

Roman Gladiator costume
Russell Crowe's Roman Gladiator costume
So if you're starved of inspiration this year why not take a look at my other blog dedicated to Hollywood Movie Costumes.

Professor Dumbledore robes
from Harry Potter 6
Dumbledore wizard costume from Harry Potter 6

Red female Starfleet uniform
from JJ Abrams Star Trek
Red female Starfleet costumes form new Star Trek movie
Whether you decide to make your own outfit or buy one from the shop, I'm sure you'll have fun. If only I had one of those Project Runway types to make me a Mamma Mia costume I'd be sorted this year.

Mamma Mia! movie costumes
Mamma Mia movie costumes from dance finale
Maybe you can help me out this year, vote in my poll and help me decide which costume I should wear this year. Last year it was Spider-man, what should it be for Halloween 2009?

I'm feeling adventurous, so if you don't like any of the choices, why not post a comment with your suggested costume.

If all else fails I'll just throw on a white sheet like E.T.

Halloween here we come...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails