Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Stars in my eyes...

I went to the Optician today for the first time in L.A. and bought some much needed new glasses and contact lenses.

As part of the initial eye exam they did a retinal scan of each eye to make sure there were no problems like diabetes or glaucoma (which you obviously pay extra for, of course), so I thought I'd share the images with you all as they look like something out of an sci-fi movie.
Retinal eye scan image
They look like those amazing constellations of stars and nebulas you see through powerful telescopes or in a film with an alien galaxy, far, far away.

Anyway, that's how my mind works and good news, no problems with my eyes, I'm just still as blind as a bat without my glasses or lenses.
Retinal eye scan
I was told that the big prominent red veins bring the blood to the eye and the smaller veins in the background take the blood away from the eye. There you go, you learn something new every day.

Now it's off for a puppy play-date with Cooper, Im sure his eyes will be wide with excitement as soon as he sees the swimming pool.

Keep your eyes peeled for more fantastic photos soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails