Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Classic animated movie posters on display...

First it was pulp movies, then horror films for Halloween and now ArcLight Sherman Oaks cinema has a poster wall of classic animated feature films on display.
Animation poster wall ArcLight Sherman Oaks
Not to play favorite to any particular studio, there are posters from the likes of Warner Bros., 20th Century Fox, Disney, Pixar, DreamWorks and more no doubt.
ArcLight Sherman Oaks cinema animation poster wall
If you're a Disney fan you'll see posters for classics like Fantasia, Jungle Book, Bambi, Peter Pan, The Aristocats, Aladdin, The Lion King, Tarzan, Pocahontas, Robin Hood, to name but a few, plus new Pixar favourites like Toy Story, A Bug's Life and Up.
Classic cartoon movie posters at ArcLight Sherman Oaks
I pretty much like all the Disney Pixar movies, especially Finding Nemo (how could you not like 'Dorey' - "He's lost his son, Fabio") and The Incredibles.
ArcLight Sherman Oaks cinema animated film poster display
I thought that DreamWorks' Shrek in 2001 delivered a real jolt to the animation movie industry to up everyone's game (my favourite character being 'Donkey' without a doubt).
Animation movie posters display ArcLight Sherman Oaks
I have fond memories from my childhood of the 1988 dinosaur animated movie The Land Before Time (long before Jurassic Park came along) and I also think 2002's Ice Age from 20th Century Fox was great and had a real stand-out star in 'Scrat', the hilarous acorn chasing squirrel.
Animation posters ArcLight Sherman Oaks cinema
Another classic feature length cartoon film I love is Watership Down from 1978, which follows the often harrowing adventures of a group of rabbits trying to survive and find a new home in the English countryside. It's quite violent at times and always brings a tear to my eye at the end.
Cartoon film posters at ArcLight Sherman Oaks
If you haven't seen the film 9 yet, I'd highly recommend this original CGI animation movie from earlier this year.

And as it's nearly Christmas, another movie I'd recommend to get you in the festive mood is Tim Burton's stop-motion animated classic A Nightmare Before Christmas.
Animated movie posters ArcLight Sherman Oaks
Finally one wish I'd love from the past is for one of my favorite cartoon series (which was also a TV movie in 1986, ThunderCats - Ho!), to be made into a live-action blockbuster movie, just like Transformers and G.I. Joe, but this time make it good.

Why not let me know your favourite animated movie of all time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails