Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cool TV, movie and sexy billboards around L.A. in November...

It's that time of the month again to share the latest billboards adding some colour and intrigue to L.A.'s skyline.

From my latest poll I can already tell that the majority of you would like to see more hot male models and there are others who enjoy these monthly advertising billboard updates, so I think you'll all be satisfied with November's selection of TV, movie, fashion, alcohol and other billboards.

In fact I'd go as far to say there's something for everyone this month.

Fashion billboards
Hot male Armani Exchange model billboard
What did I say? First up is this raunchy ad from Armani Exchange along Sunset Boulevard. They along with Calvin Klein are two companies who regularly change their creatives, as there's nothing worse than seeing the same billboards for months on end (especially post-Christmas).
Sexy male Calvin Klein underwear billboard
They certainly got their monies worth out of Jamie Dornan and Eva Mendes for these sexy Calvin Klein underwear billboards.
Eva Mendes Calvin Klein underwear billboard
And didn't I say there was something for everyone this month. I have to say actress Eva Mendes looks pretty impressive, not to mention raunchy, along the Sunset Strip.
Aussiebum hot male underwear model billboard
Australian underwear and sportswear company, AussieBum, has also refreshed its creatives this month along Santa Monica Blvd in West Hollywood.
Aussiebum rowers billboard

Movie billboards
Twilight New Moon movie billboard
How could I not have a billboard for the Twilight sequel, New Moon, this month. Mind you it's not a heavy weight billboard campaign, so I suppose they are assuming that the hordes of Bella and Edward fans will flock to see the movie regardless of advertising.

I think I would have liked to have seen a few of the hot buff werewolves from the new film gracing the L.A. skyline this month myself.
Matt Damon Invictus movie billboard
Speaking of hot buff men, it looks like Matt Damon has regained his muscular physique for this South African based rugby movie, Invictus, after his turn as the overweight Informant earlier this year.
Sherlock Holmes movie billboard
Next up are two more fine gents, Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr, in Guy Ritchie's revival of Sherlock Holmes coming this Christmas. The trailer looks great, so I'm hoping that the director can break the curse of his 'one-trick-wonder' film Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels that the 'mock-ney' (i.e. mock cokney) has built his career out of (oh, and being married to Madonna of course).
The Princess and the Frog film billboard
I just had to include two pictures of this latest creative for Disney's new animated film The Princess and the Frog, as it stands out so well against the blue Californian sky and you can see the spooky creative from quite a distance away. Check out October's billboards for more colourful executions for the movie.
The Princess and the Frog Disney billboard
On a slightly different note for Thanksgiving this year is this martial arts action movie, Ninja Assassin, which looks like it will be bloody fun. I like a bit of ninja action now and again.
Ninja Assassin movie billboard
Next is another apocalyptic creative for the CGI blockbuster, 2012.
2012 movie billboard
Hugh Grant and Sarah Jessica Parker in another romantic comedy? I'm shocked. It'll be interesting to see if this film about an estranged couple forced into a witness-protection program when they witness a murder is better than the billboard or the movie title.
Did you hear about the Morgans? film billboard
Finally for the movie billboards is this joyful advert for one of the most charming films I've seen this year, An Education. There's rumblings about Oscar nominations for the star, Carey Mulligan, so let's hope this billboard means more people will go see her at the cinema.
An Education movie billboard

TV billboards
Robin Williams Weapons of Self Destruction billboard
I know a lot of people seem to have it in for Robin Williams these days, but I still think he's great. In fact Aladdin, with his vocal talents as the Genie, is one of my favourite Disney animated movies and you can't beat a bit of cross-dressing Mrs. Doubtfire to cheer you up.
Metalocalypse animation billboard
I love how this advert for the animated TV show Metalocalypse on Adult Swim stands out just before the Chateau Marmont Hotel on Sunset Blvd.
David Duchovny Californication TV billboard
You can't help but feel that art imitates life at times, especially how David Duchovny and all his recent marital problems and addictions makes him the ideal protagonist for this comedy-drama about sex and relationships (although the cynic in me wonders if it's all PR for the show at times).

Performing Arts billboards
Cirque du Soleil Kooza billboard
Kooza, the new show from Cirque du Soleil, seems to be going down a storm at Santa Monica Pier and this billboard certainly stands out for miles along Sunset Blvd.
Mary Poppins Musical billboard
And here's another show which I'm sure will be extremely popular this holiday season in L.A. I've luckily already seen it twice on London's West End, and even though it's a little darker than the movie version, it's still good feel-good entertainment.

Charity billboards
St Jude Cancer donation charity billboard
I couldn't pass up the opportunity to include this billboard asking for donations for St. Judes child cancer research efforts, especially at this time of year.

Alcohol billboards
Absolut vodka billboard
I love the sentiment of this Absolut Vodka ad and the simplicity of the design of the billboard creative itself.
Silver Patron Tequila billboard
There's a new creative for Silver Patron along Sunset Blvd, although I have to say my tequila drinking never looks this civilised.
Svedka Vodka Clone It billboard
Finally for today is three fun and futuristic executions for Svedka Vodka which seem to be everywhere at the moment.
Svedka Vodka of Champions billboard
'Voted number one vodka of 2033' indeed. What a great way to establish yourself as market leader without actually having the credentials to do it. Very clever Svedka.
Svedka Vodka six pack poster
And I simply couldn't resist including this bus poster site (for obvious reasons), although I've found that vodka has never helped me get a six pack, but it usually means fun times so I can't complain.

I hope you enjoy this new selection of eye-catching billboards around L.A.

Be sure you cast your vote and let me know what you like most about Jason in Hollywood, so I can do something about it in the future...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails