Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Albert Einstein's vegetarian New Year resolution...

Apparently from beyond the grave Albert Einstein has come back to give a very special New Year resolution.

His valuable message? "Eat more vegetables!"Einstein's 2010 vegetarian resolution
This rooftop display is another brainchild of artist and activist ChadMichael Morisette along Fountain Avenue in Hollywood.

I never knew that Einstein was such a fan of vegetarianism, but apparently he did say...

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet".
Albert Einstein's 2010 New Year resolutions
However it doesn't seem that he practiced what he believed until the last year or so of his life, although he did feel some remorse...

"I have always eaten animal flesh with a somewhat guilty conscience."

I'm not a huge red meat eater myself, but I do enjoy poultry and fish. Personally I know I'd struggle on a diet solely composed of fruit and vegetables, so becoming a vegetarian or vegan this year is not high on my priorities.

I've not actually made any resolutions this year and feel oddly freed by that fact. I think I'll just live every day as it comes.

Food for thought indeed...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails