Friday, February 5, 2010

All good dogs go to heaven...

As it's another wet day here in rainy L.A. I thought I'd bring you an angel sighting slightly closer to home today.
Dog angel
This dog angel statue was a gift for Christmas and I think it looks remarkably like a retriever, especially with those expressive eyes.

I like the juxtaposition of the angelic looking dog in front of the roaring fire, it's like a combination of heaven and hell.
Angel dog
We both joked that it was a slightly macabre present as it is probably some kind of gravestone for your deceased pet, but I still like it and I'm sure once the weather gets better it will soon find a home outside on the deck in the California sunshine.

I've glimpsed some more angels on my travels recently, so hopefully I'll soon be able to bring you more angel imagery from the streets of L.A...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails