Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Angel spotting around L.A. in March...

I'll be the first to admit that it's been slim pickings for angel sightings around L.A. in 2010 to date, so I hope I haven't exhausted all the angel sculptures and imagery that adorn this affectionately dubbed City of Angels.
Jewelry angel sign
Having said that I did spy these following two angelic visions on my recent travels.
Diamond jeweler angel
First up is a winged beauty on the sign for J.R.'s Diamonds & Jewelers on Ventura Boulevard in Sherman Oaks.

On closer inspection, I suppose this 'angel' could almost be a 'Folies Bergeres' showgirl, but I'll take all the angels I can find at the moment.
JR's Jeweler angel sign
My second, slightly more tenuous sighting is on this banner along N La Brea Avenue in Hollywood.
Hollywood Woman's Club angel
The sign for The Woman's Club of Hollywood has an elegant female figure with what looks to me like a pair of angelic wings formed by the 'W' of Woman.
Hollywood Woman's Club angel banner
So maybe not so great additions to my Angel Quest, but that doesn't stop me looking.

I'll keep my eyes to the skies...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails