Friday, March 5, 2010

New parking restrictions at Runyon Canyon's Mulholland Drive entrance...

On Wednesday this week I'd noticed there was a police officer talking animatedly to some local residents at the entrance to the Runyon Canyon car park on Mulholland Drive.
New Runyon Canyon parking sign
He was there for well over an hour (the time it took for Cooper and I to complete our early morning walk), so I wasn't really surprised to see these new additions to the parking area today.

I'm undecided if it's a good thing or not.

Runyon Canyon is such a popular place for locals and visitors wanting to exercise, walk their dogs off-leash or take in the wonderful views of the L.A. Basin, and with that popularity comes a price. That price is limited parking at the Mulholland Drive entrance at the top of Runyon Canyon.
New Runyon Canyon parking restrictions
At times cars of all shapes and sizes do park in odd and awkward positions and I've been in situations before where it's almost impossible to reverse out of a space because someone has foolishly parked too close behind you.

These new parking restrictions will help prevent any of that boxing in and probably a lot of bumps and scrapes to your car, but at the same time at busy times of the day it will wipe out another five or so parking spaces.
Runyon Canyon car park sign
Maybe I don't have the full story and there are plans for more parking somewhere else along Mulholland Drive, but the pessimist in me suspects not.

For me driving up from West Hollywood the other option is to park at the bottom of Runyon Canyon around the Fuller Avenue entrance, but the parking in Hollywood is extremely limited, so I don't think that's an option.

Who knows, maybe there won't be any problems caused by these new signs. I hope so, but I'm interested to see what happens in the next few days and how easy it is to park.

Watch this space...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails