Sunday, April 4, 2010

Disneyland half marathon here I come...

In a moment of inspiration, or quite possibly foolishness, I signed up for the 5th Annual Disneyland half marathon taking place in Anaheim, California on 5th September 2010.
Sleeping Beauty's Castle Fantasyland Disneyland
Why the sudden interest in running a half marathon you ask? Well a friend was enquiring whether my other half, Charlie, would be running the marathon, as it's the week before the Nautica Malibu Triathlon in which he competed in a team relay last year and is doing again in 2010.

The triathlon was great fun to watch, especially with all those supportive celebrities on hand, and there was a great sense of team spirit and achievement for the participants, so I thought I'd try my hand at something sporty this year.

So I have five months to get myself in shape and ready to run the thirteen miles around the City of Anaheim and through Disneyland.
Asics running shoes billboard
The closest I've come to competitive running before was a 10k Nike Run London Race in Hyde Park a couple of years ago, which was great fun.

I'm not so worried about the run itself, more about the 4.30am start time, as I'm not really a morning person. Ah well, I'm sure Mickey and the gang will be there to cheer me up and get me going.

Now I'd best be off to the gym for some training...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails