Friday, April 9, 2010

Running San Francisco in the Bay to Breakers race...

Now that I'm in training for the Disneyland half marathon I realised that I probably needed some warm up races under my belt before I ran the somewhat daunting 13 miles, so today I signed up for the 99-year old ING Bay to Breakers 12k run on Sunday May 16th, 2010.
Brooks running shoes
It sounds like it will be a fun time (running aside) and my friends and I will follow the course that winds its way from the northeast end of the downtown area near The Embarcadero (the 'bay' side of the city), to the west end of San Francisco and the 'breakers' of Ocean Beach.
San Francisco view through Golden Gate Bridge
The 7.46 mile race kicks off at 8am in the morning and it sounds like a fun way to see more of the City by the Bay.
Bay to Breakers 2010 map
Along with the serious running enthusiasts I'm told that it can be a bit of a crazy costumed affair, so maybe I should dig out some of my Halloween costumes.
San Francisco skyline
Just 36 days left until race day, so better start wearing in those running shoes...

1 comment:

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview
.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

Related Posts with Thumbnails