Saturday, May 15, 2010

Wish me luck for the Bay to Breakers 12k race...

San Francisco here we come!
Bay to Breakers running top
Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will have crossed the finish line of the 7.46 mile race from San Francisco's Bay to the 'breakers' at Ocean Beach.

Today we're en route, after dropping Cooper at his weekend holiday home, and we're hopping on a plane from LAX to SFO.
San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge
In my dreams I'd love to be in the top 10,000 runners and finish as close to an hour as possible, but I think I'll just be grateful not to trip over any of the costumed folks along the way.

I'll be running sans costume this year, as I really want to build up my race speed for the Disneyland Half Marathon I've signed up for in September.


Here's the video of the 12k race course through San Francisco (slightly worried about that hill!), it looks like a great way to see the city.

Wish me luck...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails