Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Moving house is no fun...

People often ask me what I do with my time not being able to work here. Aside from blogging most days, at the moment the majority of my time is being taken up with moving home.

They say that moving house is one of the most stressful things you can do. I agree wholeheartedly and it's certainly exhausting work too.
Moving house
Was it only days ago that I was lounging in a pool in Palm Springs? I'm beginning to wish we'd waited until after the move to enjoy a weekend break.

If you're wondering why I'm not currently working away and typing away instead, I'm taking five minutes in between packing boxes and ferrying them across to our new condo to have a sit down and a nice cup of tea. Ah, that feels good.
Moving boxes
I'm sure most people would just let their movers do all the grunt work, but we're trying to minimize any damage (only one glass broken so far) and also keep down the number of hours we need them to help us move.

I have to say it's not that easy to move when you have a two year old Labrador around to 'help you', but at the same time it's unsettling for Cooper too, so it's good to keep him involved.

It'll all be worth it in the end and I'm looking forward to moving into a new place with wooden floors and not old carpet, a freshly painted, bright and airy space.
Moving home
Jason in Hollywood entries may be a bit sporadic the next few days, whilst we get everything sorted, but I'm sure once we've moved in things will get back to normal.

Apparently whilst I've been working away I've just missed an earthquake of 5.4 magnitude which was about 28 miles from Palm Springs where we've just been staying. Let's hope there's not any more on the way now that we've bought a new condo.

Wish us luck with the move...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails