Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The angels of August...

You all know I'm always on the lookout for new angel sightings in this City of Angels, so you can imagine my delight when I spied this fantastic billboard for Robins Jeans.
Male female angel billboard
This clever winged imagery looks like a male and female angel entwined, with the denim brand's logo incorporated behind the models in the billboard design.
Robins Jean angel billboard
Regardless of its angelic (or not) origins it makes for a striking visual along Burton Way in L.A. And if you like this billboard you may also like other eye-catching specimens at Daily Billboard.
Jeans angels billboard
Next up is a shy little cherub spotted at Armstrong Garden Center along Wilshire Boulevard in Santa Monica.
Garden store angel
I spotted this little garden ornament angel whilst hunting for some suitable decorative pots and plants for our new roof-deck.
Graden ornament angel
And finally, I couldn't help but smile when I was driving behind this van for Angel Plumbers. I really am surprised that more businesses in L.A. don't utilise the angel connotations of their affectionately titled 'City of Angels'.
Angel plumbers van
I know that some stores along Melrose Avenue have angel imagery as part of their shop signage and I'm sure there's lots more examples around Los Angeles to discover too.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for more sightings in September...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails