Thursday, October 7, 2010

Heavenly angels near and far...

I had the best angel sighting today as part of my Angel Quest around L.A., so I just had to share with you all. I spotted these two winged beauties under the most perfect 'Heaven' sign, which belongs to the Heaven Antique Furniture store on La Brea Avenue near 6th Street.
Heaven angel sign
I'm surprised I've not glimpsed the sign before, but I only saw it when I glanced heavenward for a moment waiting in traffic.
Shop window wedding angel
Next up is an angelic looking silver mannequin spied in this window display at the Lemon Tree Bungalow gift shop along Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood.
Angel leg tattoo
Then I only had to look down at my friend's leg to see this angelic looking tattoo. Apparently he was inspired by a promotional poster for the ghostly play, The Turn of the Screw, which had this image.

So they are my recent angel sightings close to The City of Angels, but I also couldn't resist sharing these other angels from my trip to the Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
Mexican angel carvings
This selection of angels were photographed at the Epcot theme park. First up are some colourful carved Mexican angels from the Mexico Pavilion, and then a more statuesque version from the Italian inspired section of the World Showcase at the park.
Italian angel statue Epcot
The architecture in the Italy Pavilion is modeled after the city of Venice, so I can only wonder if this angel statue actually exists in its original form there.
Epcot's Italian angel
If anyone knows, do let me know.

Meanwhile I'll keep my eyes peeled for more angel sightings in October...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails