Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Marvel Heroes get a Tron Legacy makeover...

If anyone else out there is as excited about Disney's Tron sequel, twenty-eight years in the making, coming this December, then you'll love these Marvel Heroes given a Tron: Legacy makeover.

Invincible Iron Man #33 Tron variant cover
Iron Man Tron cover
Beginning in November, certain Marvel Comics will have a Tron variant edition cover to help build excitement for the forthcoming movie opening on December 17, 2010.

Ghost Rider Tron variant cover for Incredible Hulks #618
Ghost Rider Tron cover
Why is this happening you ask? Well did you know that Disney now owns Marvel Comics (paying an estimated $4 billion for the pleasure), which is home to the likes of Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk, X-Men and many more.

Wolverine #4 Tron variant cover
Wolverine Tron cover
I think my favourite 'Tron-ified' heroes are Ghost Rider, Iron Man, Moon Knight and Spider-Woman.

Spider-Woman Tron variant cover for Avengers #7
Spider-woman Tron cover

Moon Knight Tron variant cover for Secret Avengers #7
Moon Knight Tron cover
I think the weakest cover is for Thor, who I think looks a bit dead and not at all like the vital Norse god he is.

Thor #617 Tron variant cover
Thor Tron cover
If you like these Tron covers, I'm sure you'll also love all these billboards for Tron: Legacy over at my other blog Daily Billboard.

Amazing Spider-Man #651 Tron variant cover
Spider-Man Tron cover
The new movie looks like it's going to be amazing, with fantastic special effects and a decent storyline, and I'm especially excited as it opens on my birthday. Hmm, I wonder what I'll be doing that day?

Captain America #612 Tron variant cover
Captain America Tron cover
To get you even more excited, head on over to my Hollywood Movie Costumes and Props blog to see pictures of a replica Lightcycle from Tron: Legacy on display.

Ms. Marvel Tron variant cover for New Avengers #7
Ms Marvel Tron cover
I wonder what next for Disney and Marvel, maybe Punisher and Deadpool 'Disney Princess' variants?

Thank you for indulging my little geek-fest today, normal Jason in Hollywood services will resume tomorrow.

Quicksilver Tron variant cover for Avengers Academy #7
Quicksilver Tron cover
But before I go, I thought it appropriate to keep the speedster Quicksilver for last to let you know two things.

Firstly I've already raised over $1,000 in sponsorship for AIDS Project Los Angeles for running the 26.2 mile L.A. Marathon in March 2011, and finally as part of my training this coming Sunday I will be running my second ever Half Marathon, from the L.A. Zoo in Griffith Park to the Finish Line in Downtown L.A.

That 13.1 mile race is just for 'fun', but if you'd like to donate something for my efforts that would be much appreciated and go to a very worthy cause.

Visit my donation website for AIDS Project L.A. now and wish me luck for Sunday...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails