Friday, October 8, 2010

Running the LA Marathon 2011 for AIDS Project Los Angeles...

After running the 12k Bay to Breakers in May and the Disneyland Half Marathon in September, I've decided to take the plunge and race the L.A. Marathon 2011, and even more importantly on behalf of AIDS Project Los Angeles.
 Jason at 12k Bay to Breakers San Francisco
I'll be running and training for the 26.2 mile course as part of the T2: TEAM TO END AIDS and trying to raise as much money for charity as possible.

Nearly 1.2 million Americans are living with HIV, and 56,000 more will be infected this year alone. For twenty-five years, AIDS Project Los Angeles has provided food, health care and other basic needs to thousands of people affected by HIV/AIDS.

I'd like to do my part to help APLA make a difference and to run for those who are not able to do so themselves. But I need help. Your help.
Team To End Aids
I've made it my personal goal to raise at least $1,600 for AIDS Project Los Angeles and from donations from friends and family have already raised over $400 towards this target.

One friend even sponsored me $1 for every mile I ran, so $26.20 in total, what a great idea, eh?

Every donation is appreciated, no matter how small. I'm the kind of person who hates asking for money and even though times are tough, if any of my visitors to Jason in Hollywood can help me raise money for this worthy cause, please go to my AIDS Project Los Angeles donation website and give as much money as you can.
Jason at Disneyland Half Marathon
Thanks in advance for all your support.

My marathon training starts tomorrow at 7am in Griffith Park and for every Saturday at the same time for the foreseeable future, so you can see how committed I am to this cause.

I'll be sure to keep you updated of my progress, both financial and training wise...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails