Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wish me luck for the L.A. Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon...

Yesterday I was able to skip my T2: Team To End AIDS marathon training in Griffith Park as this morning I'm back in the same place running the Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon from L.A. Zoo to Downtown Los Angeles.

Jason at the Rock 'n' Roll Health & Fitness Expo
Jason at Rock n Roll Expo
On Friday I ventured to the L.A. Convention Center (finally finding it after my GPS took me on a fifteen mile detour on the Freeway) to pick up my race packet, containing my running bib, t-shirt and timing chip.

This will be my second official 13.1 mile race, after the Disneyland Half Marathon in September and it's the inaugural Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon in L.A., so it should be lots of fun.

There are 15,000 expected runners and we start in waves at 7.30am, so it's another early start.

Jason in training running the AIDS Walk Los Angeles 2010
Jason runs for Team To End AIDS
My race no. is 3053 and I'll be wearing my red T2: Team To End AIDS t-shirt to help raise awareness for AIDS Project L.A. (and hopefully get some more donations for my L.A. Marathon fundraising efforts).

I'm hoping for good running weather (nice and cool, but not raining), plus I want to try and equal or, if possible, beat my first race time of 1:44:30.

If you see me along the way give me a cheer and I'll see you all at the Finish Line...

1 comment:

Barry said...

When I first saw the first picture I thought you had some kind of modified Rock N Roll haircut - then I realized it was just a palm tree directly behind you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails