Saturday, January 8, 2011

14 miles down, 12.2 to go for the L.A. Marathon...

Another early weekend start and another 14 miles in the bag.
14 mile T2 marathon training
I'm just back from a great training run in Griffith Park and through the streets of Burbank with my T2: Team To End AIDS running mates.
T2 Team To End AIDS training
I think my previous half marathons at Disneyland and the Rock 'n' Roll L.A. Half Marathon really helped today and the weather conditions were perfect for running, cool and no rain.

I run with a really fun group and time seems to fall away as we chat away running our six mile run, one mile walk pace. We did the 14 miles in a generous 2 hours 17 minutes.
T2 marathon training 14 miles
As well as enjoying myself and keeping fit, I've now also raised over $1,800 in sponsorship money for AIDS Project L.A.

Hopefully there's more to come and if you would like to donate to this worthy cause and sponsor me to run the L.A. Marathon on March 20, 2011 that would be greatly appreciated.

Just another 12.2 miles and 69 days to go...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails