Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Angel of Islington...

I'm always on the look out for angels on the streets of L.A., but they always seem to catch my eye in other cities around the world too.
Angel sculpture Kevin Boys
Take for example this fantastic metal sculpture at Angel underground station in Islington, London.
Angel underground station LondonOn the way for a lovely Sunday roast lunch at the Winchester, we passed by this sculpture and I couldn't resist snapping a few photos.
Angel sculpture London Underground
This 'Angel' is by Kevin Boys from 1996 and I'm sure most Londoners pass by it every day on the way to and from work without giving it a second look.
Angel sculpture Kevin Boys London
I think it's great and am glad it managed to catch my magpie eye.

Let's see what else I can spy in my time left in London...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails