Saturday, March 12, 2011

Excitement builds for my first L.A. Marathon...

On my way to my last 8-mile training run today I got very excited when I saw this L.A. Marathon road closure sign for next week's event along Sunset Boulevard.
LA Marathon road closures
I'm hoping I won't need from 2am to 4pm to run it.

I've logged over 210 training miles and now raised over $2,600 for my chosen charity, AIDS Project Los Angeles, and there's still time to donate to my fundraising efforts for this worthwhile cause.

It's been a wonderful experience training with all the great people at T2: Team To End AIDS and finishing our last practice run with a celebratory breakfast made me realise how much I'll miss these weekly morning runs.

Let the countdown begin for the biggest race of my life.

26.2 miles here I come...

2 comments:

H A R R Y G O A Z said...

Suuuuuuper blog, Jason!!!

Have a great marathon next week.

Jason in Hollywood said...

Thanks so much, can't wait to run L.A. - it's going to be a blast whatever the weather!

Related Posts with Thumbnails