Friday, March 18, 2011

Greetings from Mile 1 at the LA Marathon Expo...

Greetings from Mile 1 at Dodger Stadium, where the L.A. Marathon Expo is taking place.
LA Marathon Expo greetings
Not only is it my first ever marathon and first L.A. Marathon, but this is also my first time to Dodger Stadium, so I feel especially sporty today.
LA Marathon Expo 2011
This morning I picked up my race packet with bib no., tracking tag and t-shirt (plus the usual free samples of food, drink and leaflets).
LA Marathon Expo Dodger Stadium
I'm so glad I was able to get to the Expo today as I can only imagine how busy it'll be on Saturday.
LA Marathon Expo Honda car
Aside from picking up my essential race items, another highlight of the morning was this car from Honda, the official marathon sponsor, which was decorated all over with registered marathon runner names.
LA Marathon Honda car names
I have to say finding my name gave me a bit of a buzz and made me feel part of something very special.
LA Marathon Honda car names 2011
I can't believe there's only two more sleeps until the big day on Sunday.
Honda car names LA Marathon 2011
The excitement has been building all week, especially seeing all the advance warning road closure signs around L.A. for the marathon.
Team To End AIDS banner
My training team, T2: Team to End AIDS, were in attendance at the Expo recruiting new fundraisers for future events to benefit AIDS Project L.A. If you feel like getting fit and doing something worthwhile at the same time, you should check out how you can participate or show your support.
LA Marathon 9 minute pace
I also got excited when I saw this pace group sign, as that's what myself and my fellow training pack are hoping to run at, a nine minute pace.
LA Marathon 2011
Tonight it's time to celebrate (without alcohol) at the T2: Team To End AIDS 'Bad Ass Ball' at the Hard Rock Cafe in Hollywood, and then on Sunday it's Marathon Day...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails