Sunday, March 20, 2011

L.A. Marathon 2011 - race day is here...

Come rain or shine, however my legs feel, no matter how little sleep I've managed, after all these months of training it's D-Day, it's L.A. Marathon Day.
LA Marathon 2011
I've trained, I'm prepared, I'm strong and I'm going to nail this sucker. What's more, I'm really looking forward to running the streets of L.A. where I've been living the last three years. From Dodger Stadium to the Pacific Ocean in Santa Monica, here I come.
LA Marathon 2011 poster
My goal is to run the 26.2 mile course under four hours. Ambitious for a first time marathon I know, but my two half marathons went well and I've been training for this kind of running pace in all weather - wind, frost, rain and sunshine.
Jason Team To End AIDS runner
This will be one of the biggest adventures of my life so far.

I know I can do this, so wish me and my fellow T2: Team To End AIDS runners luck and fleet feet today...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails