Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pure Heaven II's dragster angel...

It's been a long while since I've had an angel sighting in this City of Angels, so you can imagine my delight when I came across one at the most unlikely of places, the Petersen Automotive Museum.

1966 Pure Heaven II Dragster
Pure Heaven II dragsterPure Heaven II dragster angelPure Heaven II dragster Petersen Auto Museum
I was at the museum with the hopes of photographing some new cars used in the movies for my Hollywood Movie Costumes and Props blog, when I stumbled across this dragster appropriately named 'Pure Heaven II'.
Pure Heaven II dragster
The 1966 racing car has a body made from a lightweight fiberglass replica of a 1932 Austin Bantam roadster and sits on a specially designed tubular steel chassis. Obviously that's what helps it fly like an angel.
Pure Heaven II dragster
Pure Heaven II dragster angel
My Angel Quest for angel statues, signs and imagery around the streets of L.A. continues, who knows where I'll have my next angel sighting...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails