Saturday, May 7, 2011

Getting ready for a wonderful 100th Bay to Breakers...

Next weekend we're off to San Francisco for the 100th Bay to Breakers 12k race.

Jason in Hollywood drags it up for Bay to Breakers
Jason's Wonder Woman Bay to Breakers outfit
I learned my lesson last year when I didn't wear a fancy dress costume and felt totally out of place, so this year I've gone all out and committed a cardinal sin by dressing as one of the Distinguished Competition (I am a Marvel Comics fan after all).

This year I'm fully prepared and will be running the 7.4 miles as Wonder Woman, although I couldn't find an exact replica of the one Lynda Carter made famous on television without paying a small fortune and having it specially made.

After the Bay to Breakers Finish Line last year
Wonder Woman Bay to Breakers 2010 costume
The funny thing is I'm not even doing it for charity, just for the pure fun of it.

I was a huge fan of the 70's TV show, so this is my homage to those fond memories, plus I was also inspired by a fellow runner who also ran the 99th Bay to Breakers in 2010 (although I've gone for much more manageable hair).

Lynda Carter eat your heart out
Jason's Wonder Woman Costume
The good thing is I think we may also be able to use the cape in the future for our Labrador Cooper at Halloween, so it's win-win all around.

I did also try on a Flash costume and a Superman costume, but they didn't look right and wouldn't have been so cool to run it. Let's face it, it could have been much worse, I could have been running it naked like other race participants and no one wants to see that...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails