Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The sitting angel of San Vicente Boulevard...

It's been a real long time since I've had an angel sighting from L.A.'s temporary Community of Angels Sculptural Project from the early 2000's, so I was surprised to find this sitting specimen looking out from a parking lot at 640 San Vicente Boulevard.
Sitting angel San Vicente BlvdWith a body and wings covered in rivets, like the fuselage of a plane, and some kind of aviator goggles and headgear, it certainly has a flight theme, but I can't find any further information on this angel statue.
Sitting angel statue
If anyone has any information on this angel sculpture I really love to hear about it, especially as I have two books concerning the inventive public art project and it's not featured in either of them.
Sitting angel sculpture San Vicente Blvd
I can't believe I've never spotted this angel before as I've driven by so many times in the past three years, but I guess I've just never looked up before.
Sitting angel sculpture San Vicente Blvd
Hopefully someone can provide a clue to its origin and its artist, so I don't lose too much sleep over it.

The Hearts of San Francisco sculptures seem to be an ongoing project in the City by the Bay, so it's a shame that someone doesn't resurrect this Community of Angels project here in Los Angeles.

Hint, hint...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails