Thursday, September 1, 2011

Disney Half Marathon here I come again...

Sometimes it feels like I spend my life at the 'wonderful world of Disney', what with being near there recently for the Disney D23 Expo in Anaheim, but this weekend I'm returning for my second Disneyland Half Marathon.

Disneyland Half Marathon September 2010
Finish time: 1:44:30
Disney Half Marathon Finish
Last September I ran my first ever half marathon and first Disneyland race which was a big achievement for me. Since then I've completed another half marathon and also my first L.A. Marathon.

Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon October 2010
Finish time: 1:39:50
Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon finish
Since completing the marathon my training schedule has been all over the place and I don't feel as fit as I did for the other races, so I'm hoping I can match my previous finish times, if not beat them - maybe there'll be some Disney magic to help me fly around the 13.1 mile course.

L.A. Marathon March 2011
Finish Time: 3:58:13
Rainy LA Marathon 2011
I'm also hoping for good running conditions. Last year there was a nice overcast marine layer to keep things cool, but as long as we don't have torrential rainfall and winds like this year's washed-out L.A. Marathon I'll be happy.

The Disneyland Half Marathon is this Sunday September 4, 2011, with a nice 'refreshing' 6am start time.

Come on legs, don't fail me now...

2 comments:

Superhero Mile said...

Hey Jason, checkout the Hollywood Half Marathon http://www.HollywoodHalfMarathon.com

:)

Jason in Hollywood said...

Yes, I'm already signed up for next year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails