Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ghosts of West Hollywood Halloween Carnavals past...

Halloween is fast approaching and I'm still not sure who or what I'll be this year for West Hollywood's Annual Halloween Carnaval.

I thought I'd look back at previous festivities to get some costume inspiration...

2010
Adam & Eve WeHo Halloween 2010
I'm not sure my body is quite ready to Adam and Eve, or Adam and Steve it...
West Hollywood Halloween Adam and Steve 2010
Last year my Spider-man suit came back out of the closet and went down a treat (although I wasn't the only friendly neighbourhood web-slinger)...
West Hollywood Halloween spiders 2010
I got to team-up with fellow Marvel heroes, a God of Thunder (and box-office smash in 2011) no less...
West Hollywood Halloween Thor 2010
Plus I joined forces with a buff Silver Surfer and rather buxom Wonder Woman (from the Distinguished Competition)...
West Hollywood Halloween Silver Surfer 2010
Mad Hatters and other Alice in Wonderland creations were all the rage after Tim Burton's cinematic extravaganza...
Mad Hatter WeHo Halloween 2010
Whilst someone was doing a roaring trade in helium balloons in West Hollywood...
WeHo Halloween clown 2010
WeHo Halloween Up Russell 2010
And other glamazons brought the 'period' drama to the street parade...
West Hollywood Halloween Madame 2010

2009
Halloween WeHo Carnaval Heroes 09
2009 was all about the Dynamic Duo muscling in on all the fun...
West Hollywood Halloween Heroes 2009
From Marvel cosplayers to Justice League team-ups...
West Hollywood Halloween JLA heroes 09
That had me seeing double at times...
West Hollywood Halloween Batmen 2009
Fortunately there was always someone more worse for wear than me propping up the street corner...
West Hollywood Halloween Drag 2010

2008
West Hollywood Halloween Heroes 2008
2008 was my initiation into West Hollywood's Halloween festivities and the inaugural outing for my Spidey suit...
WeHo Halloween Superheroes 2008
Many valuable lessons were learned that first outing, the main one take more photos, because everyone loves posing with Spider-man.

As you can see, there's an awful lot of superheroes flying about the neighbour, or maybe that's just who I was drawn to, like a moth to a flame.

Now to put my thinking cap (or mask?) on for Halloween 2011...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails