Friday, October 28, 2011

Almost ready to Rock 'n' Roll L.A. again...

Today I picked up my race packet for the second L.A. Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon at the Convention Center in Downtown Los Angeles.

Jason at the Rock 'n' Roll Los Angeles Expo
Jason at LA Rock n Roll Half Marathon Expo
After starting the week with a weird cold I have to say I'm not feeling especially fit, but there's something about picking up your race bib, t-shirt and shoe tag to get you in the running mood.

You can see how I fared in pictures at last year's inaugural Rock 'n' Roll L.A. Half Marathon here at Jason in Hollywood. I completed the 13.1 miles in 1:39:50, which at the time was a personal best (since smashed at this year's Disneyland Half Marathon).

Give me some support if you see my bib number on Sunday
Rock n Roll LA Half Marathon bib
I remember last year's course being extremely hard, with lots of never-ending inclines, but the good news for 2011 is that they've changed the route and it's now a loop starting and ending at L.A. Live Downtown. I'm hoping for less hills and an easier run.

Wish me luck for this Sunday, as even if I don't run in costume, I'll certainly be sporting my T2: Team to End AIDS colours to help promote our marathon fundraising efforts...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails