Sunday, October 9, 2011

When good design goes bad at the Pacific Design Center...

Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking about the nearly completed Red Building at the Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood? Why did they have to go and ruin a perfectly good design with those ugly white bits on top?
Red Pacific Design Center
I initially struggled with the white glass between the structures, but I came around, but the glaring white shapes on top look decidedly odd, and awfully cheap. I'm assuming they are for the air conditioning or elevators on the roof, but there must have been a more subtle solution that this right?
 Pacific Design Center Red
Architecturally it really spoils the look of the building from a distance and why the white and not red to blend in? Maybe I'm getting worked up over nothing and it's not the final design, but I have a feeling it is.

What do you think? Hit or miss?

Let's wait and see if they stay and if I get used to them...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails