Wednesday, November 2, 2011

It's a wonderful life at the West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval...

Last night I had quite literally a 'wonderful' time at this year's West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval.

West Hollywood Wonder Woman busted
WEHO Halloween Wonder Woman busted
The highlight of the evening had to be posing for this picture with the local Sheriff's department for charity (and not just a crime against fashion). It's the best $3 I've ever spent, plus all it was all for a good cause.
WEHO Halloween Carnaval Wonder Woman
This year I wasn't feeling the love for my newly purchased Kick-Ass costume, I thought it made me look like an unflattering green teletubbie, so I reverted to 'Plan B' and the trusty Wonder Woman costume that I'd ran Bay to Breakers in this year.
West Hollywood Wonder Women
So it was a battle royal along Santa Monica Boulevard this year, a mighty clash of the Wonder Women.
I'll let you decide who wore the costume best, but as you can see a fantastic night was had by all and everyone was in great Halloween spirit.
Wonder Women WEHO Halloween
Even though she's suffered through changes to her iconic costume and a whole relaunch of the DC Universe this year, Wonder Woman still seems to be a Halloween favourite.
WEHO Halloween Wonder Women
For me the appeal has always been the nostalgia I feel for 70's Wonder Woman television show starring Lynda Carter, which was certainly high camp, but also very innocent and heroic.
WEHO Halloween Wonder Women 2011
I have to say one of the advantages of wearing the outfit, especially the skirt version, meant that it was a very easy to have a pee when nature called, something you don't necessarily take into account when you're wearing an all-in-one Spider-man bodysuit. Just how do those heroes do it?
WEHO Carnaval Wonder Women
Unlike some of the lovely ladies I met in similar attire, I opted out of high-heeled boots and went for comfy running shoes.
WEHO Halloween Carnaval costumes
I've learned my lesson walking the Halloween Carnaval from Robertson Boulevard to La Cienega Boulevard all night in previous years, that when you're on your feet that long it pays to be wearing forgiving footwear.
Halloween Carnaval Heroines 2011
Now that I've been Wonder Woman, Spider-man and Robin for Halloween the past few years, I'm already wondering what my costume should be next.
Blonde Wonder Woman WEHO Halloween
Maybe I'll just have to be as inventive as this breast exam machine costume (who seemed oddly uninspired when I volunteered).
WEHO Halloween Carnaval breast exam
If you like this, you should take a look at some of the outfits from West Hollywood's 2010 Halloween Carnaval costume parade.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the most wonderful Wonder Woman of them all?"

Wonder Woman twirl - Lynda Carter would be proud
Wonder Woman twirl
Be sure to come back tomorrow for even more great costumes from this year's Halloween festivities...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails