Saturday, December 10, 2011

Santa's elf helps decorate our Christmas Tree...

Following a leisurely six mile run for my marathon training this morning, it was time to break out the Christmas decorations and trim the tree, all with the help of one of Santa's magical elves.

Santa hat Cooper
Santa Hat Labrador CooperWhen I say Cooper was 'helping', what I mean to say is that he was getting very excited about the tree and all the boxes of festive ornaments coming out of storage. There's only so much help an 83lb Labrador can be on an occasion like this, but he's always good for some comic relief.

Christmas Tree Before
Christmas Tree before decorations
So out came the artificial tree, which seemed to shed as many fake pine needles as the real thing does, and on went our eclectic collection of decorations.

Christmas Tree After
Decorated Christmas Tree
We used to have a strict purple, white and silver colour scheme, but that has adapted over time as the years have gone by and new ornaments have been added.
Christmas Tree Decorations
Not too bad, if I do say so myself. I even think there's room for some new baubles this year, maybe a totally new colour for the fun of it.

Santa's little helper
Santa Hat Labrador
I don't know about Cooper but I feel exhausted, albeit in a festive way, and I think a nice Christmas cocktail may be in order to toast the holiday season.

Ho, Ho, Ho...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails