Friday, January 20, 2012

The L.A. Marathon, then San Francisco and hopefully New York too...

This year I plan to run three marathons, L.A. Marathon on March 18, the San Francisco Marathon on July 29 and if I'm lucky enough the win the lottery, the New York Marathon on November 4, 2012. But first I have 17 miles to run tomorrow, most probably in the rain, as part of my training for L.A.

Jason running in torrential conditions
to raise money for AIDS Project L.A.
Rainy LA Marathon 2011
Let's hope the conditions are not as torrential as my first L.A. Marathon in 2011.

I'm looking forward to running the L.A. race in the dry this year and to the support that comes from spectators being able to line the streets without getting drenched. It's the cheers from the crowds that absolutely gets you through those 26.2 miles.

Los Angeles
Downtown Los Angeles
One of my New Year's resolutions to myself was to run the San Francisco Marathon, for myself and not for charity.

This year I'm skipping the 12k Bay to Breakers costumed fun run that I've participated in for the past two years.

My friends who've completed this marathon tell me it'll be a hillier course, but I really can't wait to run across the Golden Gate Bridge.

San Francisco
Golden Gate Bridge San FranciscoThen fingers crossed, I'll learn in late April if I've made it into the New York Marathon 2012 when they draw the lottery entrants.

The annual event has become so popular that even if I apply consecutively in the next three years I won't automatically qualify for the race anymore. They literally changed the rules this year. Bummer, right!

New York City
Chrysler Building New York City
Well, one race at a time. There's still some miles and 58 days to go before the L.A. Marathon.

Thanks to the support of friends and family, I've already raised over $1,600 for AIDS Project L.A. this year, from donations and company donation matching schemes.

If you can support my fundraising please visit DONATE TODAY and help us to find a cure for HIV/AIDS, because it's not going to cure itself.

I'm full of a cold at the moment so another wetting wouldn't be enjoyable, so let's hope the rain stays away tomorrow...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails