Saturday, March 17, 2012

All Marathon ready and good to go...

It's the final countdown and just one more sleep until race day. I've got all my marathon kit ready and laid out for the early morning start and I am good to go, come rain or shine.

Marathon Day kit
Marathon running kit
Aside from some last minute aches and pains, I'm looking forward to the 2012 L.A. Marathon and hoping that all the rain outside my window now stops by the morning.

Last night we had a great celebratory carb-load dinner with T2: Team to End AIDS, with our 200 runners getting some last minute advice from our team coaches and generally enjoying the fact we've made it this far.

T2: Team to End AIDS end of season Triumph Dinner
T2 Triumph Dinner
We also received the wonderful news our group has raised over $315,000 this season to benefit AIDS Project L.A. which is such motivating knowledge to help us all through the 26.2 mile course.

You can still show your support for this worthy cause by DONATING TODAY (having met my L.A. Marathon fundraising requirement, I'm now raising money for the Honolulu Marathon, so it all goes to the same APLA fund).

Wish me luck and fleet feet for tomorrow...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails