Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Celebrating 4 years of Jason in Hollywood...

Today it's time to celebrate and reminisce on four years of fantastic adventures here at Jason in Hollywood.

What's a celebration without fireworks...
Hollywood Bowl fireworks
I've sweated blood, sweat and tears over this labour of love at times, but it's all been worth it to chronicle my L.A. experiences (and beyond).

...and balloons!
Pride Parade Balloons
Fortunately I've not just been publishing into a void and have shared the past four years with over 800,000 visitors, plus spawned a blogging empire with two other blogs - Daily Billboard and Hollywood Movie Costumes and Props.

Watchmen movie costumes - a favourite from the last 4 years
Original Watchmen movie costumes
Aside from my creative endeavours and my successes in the blogging world (recently I've had photos featured on the Conan O'Brien talk show and in The Hollywood Reporter), the other biggest highlight of the past four years was running the L.A. Marathon in March 2011 in under four hours, in torrential conditions no less.

Running down L.A.'s infamous Rodeo Drive in the pouring rain
LA Marathon wet Rodeo Drive 2011
I've also completed four other half marathons in this time and raised over $5,300 for AIDS Project Los Angeles by training for the marathon with T2: Team to End AIDS.

Crossing the Bay to Breakers Finish Line in May 2011
Bay to Breakers Wonder Woman
I've also competed in the 12k Bay to Breakers costumed fun run in San Francisco twice and once dressed as one of my favourite superheroes, Wonder Woman.

West Hollywood Pride Parade in June 2010
West Hollywood Gay Pride 2010
Even more fun was to be had watching the Gay Pride Parade celebrations in West Hollywood and also in Vancouver.

L.A. Gay Pride Parade Grand Marshals 2010
Kelly and Sharon Osbourne
Sharon Osbourne WEHO Pride 2010
And if there wasn't enough glitter and glamour at the Pride Parade, then the West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval always left me satisfied that this is a fun place to live.

Costume craziness at the annual
West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval
WEHO Halloween Carnaval costumes
Being a lifelong Marvel Comics fan, another massive highlight for me in recent times (and something I'd never have been able to do back home in the U.K.), was attending the Hollywood premieres of Thor and Captain America.

Walking the Stars & Stripes red carpet for the
Captain America: The First Avenger World Premiere
Captain America premiere red carpet
I even got to meet Jaimie Alexander who played Lady Sif in the Thor movie, which was great fun.

Meeting Thor's Lady Sif
Jaimie Alexander Lady Sif in Thor
I've also been fortunate enough to see my favourite pop princess Kylie Minogue play the Hollywood Bowl twice, plus the Pet Shop Boys in concert at Griffith Park's Greek Theatre and Britney Spears twice at the Staples Center in Downtown L.A., plus divas Donna Summer, Gloria Estefan and Aretha Franklin play the Hollywood Bowl too.

Kylie's debut performance at the Hollywood Bowl
Kylie Minogue Hollywood Bowl Concert 2009
I've been to New York, Palm Springs, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Florida, back to the U.K. and across the border to Vancouver.

Having fun in Times Square in November 2010
Jason Times Square NYC
Plus this year promises more travel and my first time to Hawaii to run the Honolulu Marathon in December. I don't disagree that I'm a very lucky person.

So many fun times at the beach with Cooper
Jason and Cooper at the beach
Of course a constant source of joy to myself and my partner Charlie, is the other love of our life, our adorable English Yellow Labrador, Cooper.

Having a laugh with my fellow T2 teammates after 23 miles
T2 runners after 23 miles
These are just a taste of the fantastic things I've been up to the past four years, be sure to wander through my archives for more exploits. Let's hope the celebrity sightings, movie premieres, beach visits, canyon hikes, concerts, comedy nights, marathons, blogging fun and good times besides continue in 2012.

Happiness...
Racing along California shoreline
With the L.A. Marathon only 11 days away, here's to more fantastic shared memories in the months and years to come...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails