Saturday, April 14, 2012

Official photos from the inaugural Hollywood Half Marathon 2012...

I can't believe that it's already been a week since the inaugural Hollywood Half Marathon.

Racing down Hollywood Boulevard at Highland Avenue
Hollywood Half Marathon runner
I finally downloaded all the official race photos and weeded out the worst ones, because sometimes it's hard to look pretty sweating and running up a 2-mile hill.

Running through Hollywood
Running Hollywood Half Marathon
Now that the dust has settled and I can look back on the race, I still believe it was a poorly organised half marathon, but I did have fun, mainly because many of my fellow T2: Team to End AIDS training friends were taking part too.

Feeling the effects of a brutal 2-mile long hill
Hollywood Half Marathon
The L.A. Marathon and the Hollywood Half certainly took it out of me and my recovery runs have been that much harder of late. Fortunately I've planned no more big races before the San Francisco Marathon at the end of July, but there's still quite a few miles of running, complete with speed and hill training over the next few months.

Crossing the Hollywood Half Finish Line

Hollywood Half Marathon Finish Line
 Inaugural Hollywood Half Marathon Finish
Hollywood Half Marathon Finish Line
At the end of April I'll also discover if I've 'won the lottery' for the New York Marathon on November 4, so I'm keeping everything crossed.
Hollywood Half Marathon race result
Mid-June I'll start training once again with my teammates raising money for AIDS Project L.A. to get us race ready for the Honolulu Marathon in December.

Happy with my official race time: 1:42:11
Jason after Hollywood Half Marathon
Let's hope my body, and legs especially, can keep up with all this running...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails