Sunday, April 22, 2012

Revisiting The Doors Light My Fire tribute guitar...

Imagine my delight when heading to Soho House in West Hollywood for dinner last night when I chanced upon one of the guitars from the inaugural 2010 wave of Sunset Strip's GuitarTown.

Light my Fire guitar by Robin Bott 
Doors Light My Fire guitar
This fiery mosaic guitar homage to The Doors is by Robin Bott and it's wonderful to see this intricately decorated 10-foot tall Gibson Les Paul up close after only previously admiring it from afar, when it was attached the the outside of The Strip's infamous Whisky A Go-Go club.

Light my Fire guitar by Robin Bott 
previously adorning Sunset Strip's Whisky A Go-Go
Robin Bott The Doors Light My Fire guitar
At the moment it can be found in a new home in the underground parking garage of Sunset Boulevard's 9200 building (maybe someone bought it in the charity auction).
Light My Fire Doors guitar
On closer inspection you're able to see how much work and effort has gone into this GuitarTown design and it's nice to see it weathered the outside elements for over a year and a half.
Light My Fire The Doors guitar tribute
If you like this, be sure to check out the other 2010 GuitarTown designs and the new wave of 2012 guitar creations, including Whisky A Go-Go's new Music Machine guitar, currently on display along L.A.'s Sunset Strip...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails