Saturday, April 21, 2012

West Hollywood's Library mural that makes me smile...

Not only is West Hollywood's relatively new library a welcome addition to the city, but I also love the cool and quirky wall murals that accompanied the new building.

Kenny Scharf mural adorning West Hollywood's Library
Kenny Scharf wall mural
Now that the days are longer and the sun is higher in the sky I've been able to snap one of my favourite murals that adorn the new public library in a good light - it's this fun and colourful creative by spray artist Kenny Scharf.

This mural is an extension of L.A.'s Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) 'Art in the Streets exhibition from 2011. You can view it from inside West Hollywood's Park, which itself is undergoing a significant rejuvenation.
Kenny Scharf West Hollywood mural
Living in Los Angeles, street art seems like a way of life and I've featured many other great murals and graffiti art that I've glimpsed on my travels around the City of Angels on my blog.

Some of my other favorites, that had been both temporary and more permanent, have included the zombie pop art homage wall mural, Mattia Biaggi's Mickey Mouse umbrella installation and this graffiti alley angel.

Let's hope the streets of L.A. continue to be a constant inspiration...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails