Saturday, July 14, 2012

A third of the way to the Honolulu Marathon...

Great news, I'm already a third of the way to meeting my fundraising goal for the Honolulu Marathon in December. To date I've raised $1,251 from generous donations and commercial sponsors.

T2 Team to End AIDS Jason
So today I was up at 6am again for another 6-mile training run in Griffith Park with my fellow marathon runners and fantastic T2: Team to End Aids fundraisers.
T2 Team to End AIDS Honolulu Marathon training
After two days of unusual, horrible muggy weather in L.A., the cloud cover had cleared and there was a bit of a breeze to help cool us down on our training run.
T2 Team to End AIDS Honolulu Marathon training
It's still early days, so the mileage is low at the moment, but soon we'll be doing 10, 12, 14, 17, 20, and 23 mile (and many hour) long runs before you know it, in sweltering heat.
T2 Team to End AIDS Honolulu Marathon training
In two weeks I'll also run the San Francisco Marathon, so that's a nice 26.2 mile training run for me, but at least it'll be cooler in the City by the Bay.
T2 Team to End AIDS Honolulu Marathon runners
If you can help me reach my fundraising goal of $3,500 to help people living with HIV/AIDS, please DONATE TODAY and make a difference in hundreds of people's lives.

Now to stretch and roll out my legs and enjoy the rest of my weekend...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails