Monday, September 3, 2012

Views from the Top of the Rock...

Happy Labor Day!

Rockefeller Center Empire State Building view
What better way to celebrate this national U.S. holiday than with some spectacular views from the top of the Rockefeller Center from my recent jaunt to New York City.
Rockefeller Center observation deck Northeast view New York
After walking around all day and enjoying some of New York's public street art, I decided to get above the bustling city streets from the 'Top of the Rock' observation deck, towering 70 floors above midtown Manhattan.
Rockefeller Center Central Park view New York
On my first ever visit in 1999 I was fortunate enough to see the inspiring New York skyline from the top of the World Trade Center, whilst in 2008 I enjoyed the views of the skyscrapers from the top of the Empire State Building
Rockefeller Center obscured Chrysler Building view
The views from the Rockefeller observation deck were pretty amazing, especially of the Empire State Building, but it was a shame that the art deco magnificence of the Chrysler Building is blocked by the Met Life Building from this vantage point.
New York City skyscrapers
I was also lucky that after a few days of thunderstorms that the skies had cleared for my to enjoy the city sights in some sunshine.
Rockefeller Center Williamsburg bridge view
I usually avoid the expected tourist things, but I have to say getting above it all was a breath of fresh air and a nice way to see more of New York.

Aside from that a trip to Disney's Newsies Broadway musical, drinks at The Plaza Hotel and dinner at Todd English's Food Hall were other highlights of this speedy city break.
Rockefeller Center New York City view
Be sure to come back soon to see all the cool billboards I spied around Times Square and Manhattan's busy streets...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails